We often think of going to physical therapy for back pain, strained muscles, and broken bones just to name a few. We do not often think to go to physical therapy for pelvic pain, incontinence, painful sex, or post-partum care. As a matter of fact, many of the women I see feel that it’s normal to live with the symptoms. Some who have sought help are told to do kegels (tightening the vaginal muscles) only to get home and realize they have no idea what muscle they should be contracting.
Holistic Pelvic Care TM is a unique and effective way to treat issues of the pelvis. HPC TM is a gentle form of internal massage combined, trigger point release, and energy work designed to help you release and properly strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor.
Specific concerns that may be aided by Holistic Pelvic Care™ include (but are not limited to):
- Painful sexual activity, intercourse, or sexual dysfunction
- Myofascial Pelvic Pain Syndrome
- Urinary leakage or incontinence
- Organ prolapse
- Chronic bladder or vaginal infections
- Rectocele/ cystocele
- Fertility support and pregnancy preparation
- Postpartum complaints and recovery, including c-section births, vaginal tearing, and episiotomy
- Healing after miscarriage, pregnancy loss or abortion
- Pelvic congestion
- Menstrual pain and endometriosis
- Menopausal complaints
- History of pelvic trauma or abuse
What can I expect from treatment?
A thorough history will be taken where we will discuss your goals for treatment. This is also the time where we will discuss any questions or concerns you may have and review female anatomy and muscles. We will move on to some basic external work and then, if you are comfortable, we will move on to internal work. The internal work is manual therapy performed by your provider using a lubricated, gloved digit in the vaginal canal. From here, I will assess the musculature and connective tissue. Exercise and gentle massage techniques will then be applied for the duration of the treatment session.
Generally, you can expect anywhere from 2-8 sessions depending on the goals of treatment.
For more information please visit: www.wildfeminine.com