In the United States, women generally live long and healthy lives when compared to other less developed countries, but they still face many health issues involving cancer, disease, mental health, and fertility.
Women have unique health issues. And some of the health issues that affect both men and women can affect women differently.
Women and men also have many of the same health problems. But these problems can affect women differently. For example:
- Women are more likely to show signs of depression and anxiety than men
- The effects of sexually transmitted diseases can be more serious in women
- Osteoarthritis affects more women than men
- Women are more likely to have urinary tract problems
At Harmony Medical Group our doctors are committed to providing women with the best information and treatments for improving their health. Our physicians address each woman as an individual and always offer a variety of treatments.
Our doctors believe testing is crucial to determine the actual hormone levels of each woman for baseline and safety of treatment. We look at hormone levels as well as nutritional status to determine function of the adrenal glands, thyroid gland, blood sugar, and digestion just to name a few.
Our physicians integrate the best of alternative and conventional healing traditions to help our patients achieve optimal health.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Irregular Menses
- Fertility and Preconception Wellness
- Abnormal PAP Smear management/ HPV
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Breast Health
- Peri-menopause and menopausal symptoms
- Pelvic pain
- Estrogen Dominance
- Bacterial Vaginitis
How we treat women’s health issues:
At Harmony Medical Group we are thorough with evaluation and offer testing to make sure we properly diagnose and effectively treat your condition. Some of our specialty testing include but are not limited to: