Unwanted weight gain or difficulty with obtaining and ideal weight is a common problem. We understand how to help you get the extra weight off in a healthy, sustainable way. Here at Harmony Medical Group we offer natural ways to help you lose weight and maintain it at your optimal level for a lifetime.
The Purpose of Losing Weight
Our goal is to help you lose excess weight and to find a way of eating that you can sustain for a lifetime. We focus on changing your daily routine by adding good habits and breaking bad habits, such as eating more fruits and vegetables, not eating while you watch TV, and moving your body for at least 30 minutes a day. We understand that even being able to lose and keep off 10 pounds can have significant positive impacts on your health.
Harmony Medical Group stresses key components of behavior change, such as finding your inner motivation to lose weight, setting achievable goals and handling setbacks.
Why you might follow the Harmony Medical Group Weight Loss Program:
- You want to follow a diet that has been developed by a medical professional
- Enjoy the types and amounts of food featured in the healthy eating program, including unlimited vegetables and fruits
- Want to learn how to drop unhealthy lifestyle habits and gain healthy ones
- Want to improve your health and reduce your health risks by becoming more active and eating the recommended foods
- Want a eating plan you can stick with for life
Dr. Lewis’s Approach to Weight Loss
Dr. Lewis’s experience and clinical research show that the most effective way to achieve healthy weight loss naturally is with a multi-dimensional approach under the supervision of a physician. A common misconception is that weight gain is caused by increased caloric intake, and that an inability to lose weight indicates excess eating or low will power. This is simply not true.
There are many other factors involved in metabolism, such as:
- The quality of the calories consumed
- Micronutrient deficiencies
- Sleep quality and quantity
- Mood imbalances
- Food intolerances
- Toxic burden
- Less then optimal liver function
- Issues with digestion
At Harmony Medical Group, your weight loss plan will include a proven, foundational medical program, and it will also address your unique needs and health circumstances, such as those listed above.
What to Expect
To help you achieve your weight and health goals that will last a lifetime, you will receive an initial consultation to address your concerns and previous obstacles to weight loss; establish your short- and long-term goals, and create a plan that you can implement.
Some of the tools we may use to complete your plan include:
- Nutritional evaluation
- Evaluation of diet with modifications
- Specialized lab testing such as testing for food intolerances and/or micronutrient deficiencies
- Stress reduction techniques
- Exercise regimens
- Toxin removal
- High quality supplements
- Metabolism reset
Call the Office to Schedule a Free 15-Minute Consultation. We Will Discuss Which of Our Programs Is Best for You!